General Data Protection Regulation - an update
The new General Data Protection Regulation comes into force on the 25th May 2018, so here’s an update to remind you of what we do with your data and why.
Throughout holding your data, we have kept it securely and ethically, using it in ways that you would expect us to. There are no surprises with us. To prompt you, this post will include everything that you need to know about what we do with your data and what has been updated.
Every email you receive from us has the option for you to opt out of email marketing, so whenever you want to opt out, you can. If you ever have any trouble with this, please do not hesitate to contact us.
What are the changes?
- We set out exactly what types of information we collect, when, and detail what we use your personal information for
- We explain when others may be able to see your identity
- We set out clearly in what situations we pass on any of your personal information to anyone else – including information about the sub-processors who process personal information on our behalf
- We include information about how long we keep personal data for, how you can find out what personal data we have about you, and how to download it or correct it
- We include contact details for our Data Protection Officer
Our company will not pass on any of your personal details to any third parties for marketing purposes, however we may use some of your data within our subsidiary companies.
We use your data for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes – we may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Emails from us can hold vital information that we believe that you need to know. On the other hand, we may have discounts and offers exclusive to our existing customers, like you. Our company is ever changing for the better as well as for you and we love to keep you updated to make sure you know how to use our products and/or services to their full potential.
When you opt into our marketing emails, we will not share any data with third parties and would not use your data for anything else other than for marketing purposes.
However, if you are an existing customer, we will need to collect personal details to follow through with our products and services. Aftercare, help and vital information are important to us to get across to you. Easy, accessible methods would keep a great customer relationship between you and Group First. At Group First we want you to feel secure.
We may collect the following personal details:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Where necessary or required we share information with:
- Customers and clients
- Family, associates or representatives of the person whose personal data we are processing
- Current, past or prospective employers
- Educators and examining bodies
- Business associates
- Enquirers and complainants
- Financial organisations
- Employment and recruitment agencies
- Credit reference agencies
- Debt collection and tracing agencies
- Other companies in the same group
- Central government
- Police forces and security organisations
- Group companies
We need this information to ensure that everything runs smoothly and effectively.
If you do need more information, please follow the updated links below.
Name: Data Protection Officer
Tel: 01282 330330