Five things you didn’t know about Barnsley
Store First Barnsley is located only five miles from the centre of Barnsley, a thriving town situated in South Yorkshire.
“The place of possibilities” is well know for its award-winning markets, as well as its spectacular galleries and museums.
We are proud to have one of our self-storage facilities based on Ashroyd Business Park, just off the Dearne Valley Parkway in Barnsley, so we thought we’d take a look at five things you might not know about the area…
- Cannon Hall Museum, Park and Gardens are located just 10 miles from Store First Barnsley and there are records of the property and grounds featured in the Domesday Book.
- Current England footballers Harry Maguire and John Stones both came through the youth system at Barnsley Football Club.
- Arctic Monkey’s frontman Alex Turner went to Barnsley College. The college has campuses all around the town and is one of the UK’s largest educational institutions.
- The first ever bottle bank came from Barnsley back in 1977 – as of 2020, approximately 40 countries have a bottle deposit system.
- There was once 70 collieries within a 15-mile radius of Barnsley town centre – making it one of the most famous coal mining towns in the UK.
How about that? Barnsley is not only a wonderful place to live (and store your storage 😉) but it’s also a very historic town too.
We might not be able to compete with a mention in the Domesday Book, but what we can offer you here at Store First Barnsley is the very best on-site facilities and customer service, whether you’re looking for domestic or business storage.
With new customers getting 50% off for the first 12 weeks, use our price calculator for an instant quote or give our team a call on 01226 817 817.